Call for paper
Paper submission in the following, but not restricted, topics will be
- Semiotic analysis of the nature of virtuality and virtual organisations
- Co-design of business and IT systems for distributed and flexible organisations
- Organisational behaviour and changes based on developing semiotic entities like models, plans, norms and designs
- Modelling and simulation in organisational understanding, organisational re-design, process re-engineering and change analysis
- Legacy systems re-engineering and integration of IT and business systems,
- Interaction between semiotic and material processes in organisations
- Actability and transparency in information systems: under which conditions will system behavior be interpretable to users and support proper actions?
- Interface design and the division of labor in organizations: who needs to access to what information?
- Pervasive computing: designing an environment of computer based signs. Physical space as the new interface to information systems.
The papers will be peer reviewed. Both papers of a theoretical nature and
papers that discuss historical and empirical research are welcomed. Contributors
are encouraged to submit an abstract to register interest and seek advice from
the programme committee.
Full paper submission details will be available on this website soon.
We intend to publish selected papers in an international journal or a post
Full paper submission: 15 March 2003, in Word
Notification of acceptance: 1 May 2003
Camera-ready version: 1 June, in Word
Workshop: 11-12 July, 2003